We at 3 Gatos Brewery are searching for an international food enthusiast, full or part-time Chef/Cook for our taproom.
3 Gatos Brewery is a new brewery in Wyoming MI, created by a couple of passionate beer people focused on classic and innovative beers and Brazilian and German food.
Our Kitchen staff are the back-of-the-line support team and therefore should be knowledgeable in different cooking techniques, have the ability to cook from a written recipe or verbal description of an unknown dish and describe how it tastes. They should also have basic beer and food pairing knowledge to help our customers have the best beer and food experience possible.
We don’t expect all candidates to have all this out of the gate. We will train you on beer tasting, description, beer styles, and food pairing. Also, we don’t expect you to know how to cook Brazilian and European food from the start, we will help with written recipes, pictures, and descriptions.
What we really look for is someone that is enthusiastic about cooking exciting food, learning, and providing a great customer experience.
We will pay a living wage (starting at $15) plus tips. Salary will depend on your experience and knowledge and will be adjusted with time. Desired to be ServSafe Food Handler certification.
This is a cooking position, therefore, requiring the ability to work nights and weekends and spending long hours on your feet.
Sounds like you?
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepping and cooking all of 3 Gatos Brewery food items
- Effectively advise FOH staff to help them sell 3 Gatos food
- Assist with daily kitchen operations including but not limited to: open/close procedures, inventory, prepping, cooking and cleaning
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with guests and employee
- Complete routine cleaning tasks to maintain a neat and orderly work and customer environment, including cleaning walk-in cold box and kitchen floor
- Follow and maintain sanitary practices when handling and preparing food
- Be aware of food safety procedures and practices and follow them all
- Be aware of food allergies and how to avoid cross contamination
- Educate customers about the uniqueness of our brand, including our brewery history
- Assist with stocking the food ingredients
- Champion and follow all health and safety protocols, specifically for COVID-19, in adherence with local, state and federal laws and regulations and Company policies to protect the health and wellbeing of all 3 Gatos Brewery staff and guests
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Manager
What you need for the role:
- Passion for food!
- Love for people with a friendly, outgoing personality and commitment to exceptional customer service
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights and weekends and occasional holidays
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff in a tight space
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification a plus
- Commitment to the 3 Gatos Brewery vision, brand, and community
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Frequently required to work 6-8 hours on your feet
- Frequently lift and move up to 44 lbs and maneuver up to 100 lbs
- Inclusive company culture that values employees and develops our people and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility (and working with some really great people!)
- Compensation: Initial 15$/hour + tips for Cook / Initial 22$/hour + tips for a Chef
- Personal and career development opportunities
- 50% off 3 Gatos Brewery swag
- And of course, free beer!
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com
At 3 Gatos Brewery, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in the differences that bring us together.