Beer and Food Server
We at 3 Gatos Brewery are searching for a craft beer enthusiast, full-time server for our taproom.
3 Gatos Brewery is a new brewery in Wyoming MI, created by a couple of passionate beer people focused on classic and innovative beers and Brazilian and German food.
Our servers are our front-line sales force and therefore should be knowledgeable in beer styles, have the ability to taste and describe beer and be able to help our customers find out which beer will best meet their preferences. They should also have basic beer and food pairing knowledge to help our customers have the best beer and food experience as possible.
We don’t expect all candidates to have all this out of the gate. We will train you on beer tasting, description, beer styles, and food pairing. Being already a Certified Beer Server helps but don’t worry if you are not, we’ll train you and pay for your exam.
What we really look for is someone that is enthusiastic about craft beer, learning, and providing a great customer experience.
We will pay a living wage plus tips. Salary will depend on your experience and beer knowledge and will be adjusted with time and as soon as you get CBS certified.
This is a full-time beer serving position therefore requiring ability to work nights and weekends.
Sounds like you?
What you’ll be doing:
- Greet, thank, and educate guests about 3 Gatos Brewery products, history and culture
- Effectively advise guests, sell 3 Gatos beer and serve guests hospitably
- Assist with daily tasting room operations including but not limited to: open/close procedures, inventory, retail sales using POS system, answering telephone and responding to messages and guest inquiries
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with guests and employee
- Handle routine point-of-sale transactions
- Complete routine cleaning tasks to maintain a neat and orderly work and customer environment, including cleaning counters, tables, chairs, taps, floors, and bathrooms; washing and sterilizing glassware; and maintaining a clean walk-in cold box and draft system
- Tap, untap, move and re-stock kegs
- Educate customers about the uniqueness of our brand, including our brewery history
- Assist with stocking the merchandise store and ringing up merchandise for customers
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons
- Champion and follow all health and safety protocols, specifically for COVID-19, in adherence with local, state and federal laws and regulations and Company policies to protect the health and wellbeing of all 3 Gatos Brewery staff and guests
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Manager
What you need for the role:
- Passion for craft beer!
- Love for people with a friendly, outgoing personality and commitment to exceptional customer service
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights and weekends and occasional holidays
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff in a tight space
- Commitment to the 3 Gatos Brewery vision, brand, and community
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Frequently required to work 6-8 hours on your feet
- Frequently lift and move up to 44 lbs and maneuver up to 100 lbs
- Inclusive company culture that values employees and develops our people and encourages health, wellness, and flexibility (and working with some really great people!)
- Compensation: 10 – 14$/hour + tips
- Personal and career development opportunities
- 50% off 3 Gatos Brewery swag
- And of course, free beer!
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
At 3 Gatos Brewery, we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in the differences that bring us together.